Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 11:45 AM
City Council Candidates
Bent Tree Country Club
Kimberly Lay has served on the City Council since December 2008. As a graduate of the Town of Addison Citizen Academy and of Leadership Metrocrest, Kimberly facilitated the Town of Addison's Business Development Citizens Advisory Committee and was appointed to the Planning and Zoning Commission. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce and CONTACT Crisis Line. She is also a member of Addison Midday Rotary Club, Women of Water Tower Theatre, and Tom C Gooch Elementary PTA.
Kimberly is the town’s liaison to the North Central Texas Council of Governments, Tex-21, Dallas Regional Chamber, and Richardson Symphony. In addition, she serves on Council Sub-Committees including Economic Development and Retail Initiatives.
Since 2002, she has been the Vice-President of brokerage for Conrow Commercial Real Estate. Her focus is tenant & buyer representation for office, retail, and industrial users.
Kimberly finds great value in spending time with her "Little Sister" through Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Texas. She and her husband, Joshua, have one daughter, Olivia.
Town of Addison City Council
- Mayor Pro Tempore, 2008-2009-2010
- Deputy Mayor Pro Tempore, 2007
- Elected Councilmember, 2008
- Elected Councilmember, 2006
- Appointed to Unexpired Council Term, 2005
- Council Liaison to Addison Arbor Foundation, Metrocrest Family Medical Clinic, Senior Adult Services And WaterTower Theatre
Serves on Business Retention, Charter Review Process, Public Safety, and Zip Code Committees
North Texas Council of Governments, Professional Development Planning and Zoning Graduate
Addison Planning and Zoning Commission 2004-2005
Leadership Metrocrest Class XV 2003-2004
Addison Charter Review Commission 2003
Addison Oaks North Homeowner's Association Board Member, 2003-2004
Addison Citizen Academy 2002
Addison Arbor Foundation Contributor
A lifelong Texan, Roger grew up in Dallas, graduated from Highland Park High School and returned to Dallas after graduating from the University of Texas at Austin with a B.B.A. in Business and Real Estate.
Roger is a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been a Builder and in the Real Estate Investment business. He is Past President of the W.T. White High School PTA, a 32 Degree Mason and a member of Hella Temple Shrine.
Roger and his lovely wife, Harriet, will celebrate their 48th Anniversary this year. They are very proud of their wonderful two children and five grandchildren.
Daughter Karen and Son-in Law, Aric owned a home in Addison for 13 years.
Son, Brent Mellow had his business in Addison before he and his family moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Resident of Addison since 1993.
- Founder and owner of Creative Financial Professionals in 1981, Located in Addison since 2001.
- Private Pilot based at Addison Airport.
- Graduate of Addison Citizens Academy 2008.
- Currently attending Leadership Metrocrest.
- Member Board of Directors Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce.
- Former member of Addison Planning and Zoning Commission.